Saturday, March 21, 2009

Leap Into the Garden

I had a dream last night. I had to jump off of a building with a can of beans in my hand. I know...a can of beans? I don’t know why I had to jump. I was tethered to bungee cord with two other people. We were high up on a building's ledge and all I could see were clouds below me. In no way did I have the desire to leap off this building. I was safe and secure where I was. I could just take the elevator back down. Why was I was doing this? All I knew was that leaping off this ledge was going to be one of the scariest and craziest things I had have ever done! I thought I heard people below telling me, "Have Faith, Kathleen." But we were alone on the ledge and the people on the ground were too far below us to possibly be heard. I then felt a warm sense of security. God was there with me. I jumped off the building, tied to two others. We jumped and screamed as we headed down head first, tied to the bungee. We fell lower and lower and then...suddenly, we began to bounce up, then down, and then over and over again...up and down. The beans in the can began to fall out like an army of paratroopers and we began to laugh hysterically! We continued to laugh till we cried and our feet were soon on the ground. I was still alive! I was safe! I was laughing!

I believe this dream has a lot to do with where I'm in my life right now. I'll soon be moving out of LA to be with my awesome fiancé in the Bay Area. I'll also be exploring a different career path. I'll be starting a new chapter in my life. Taking a "jump" into action...a leap of Faith... this is what this dream revealed to me early this morning. I don't know what is going to happen in my future. However, when I make the decision to tap deeper into my heart, I find Faith. Everything my heart has desired is happening right now. In the words of Rev. Micheal Beckwith, "It's all Good and it's all God."

Where I've allowed God in, my life has blossomed. Sometimes I can see full blooms, beauty, and the color is abundant in my Life Garden. At other times, weeds have overrun various areas of my Garden and then it takes a vast amount of energy and Faith to find the beauty in what Is. Today, God is the gardener of my Life Garden. Quietly and gently God extracts what is in my way grow, so that I may grow abundantly. Day by day, God digs into my rich soil and while days pass, sprouts of New Growth become visible. When I choose Faith over fear, and turn over my life to God, my Garden bursts with vibrant colors! Today, I'm going to allow God, Energy, Love, Life, to take care of me. I let let Good in and take a leap of Faith. I stay tethered to the knowing that I'm completely taken care of by a Higher Power greater than myself.

3 comments:

Berryessa Notes said...

Kathleen

What a beautiful story. You are so creative in your writing and in depth about what is happening in your life. We love you. You are so "magical" in your writing....mine would have been 3 lines...like Fr. Frank said..he would shake my letters to see if there was more. Take care and God bless.

Aloha and XXOOOOOO Dad

Just downloaded an i tune that reminds me of you,Amy and Brian(I change a few words and add some).....FATHER AND DAUGHTER..by Paul Simon.

Berryessa Notes said...

Kitty Kat,
Beans? I know! They are HUMAN Beans! That was SOME dream! I loved the way I could imagine the same thing you dreamed. Faith and trust in God and yourself is important; sometimes we forget. But I know that with your tenacity and confidence you will succeed in anything you want to do. Dad has been gardening; he knows about the weeds! Maybe you can get a house plant to cultivate and remind yourself about God's garden of delights (life). Take care and we'll see you soon. I love you with my whole heart!
Love, Mama

kimbyd said...

Hi Kathleen, I loved reading about your great dream.
I know that your new garden will be full of colorful bright big sun flowers and "organic" new experiences.
Don't worry about the weeds. The weeds are there to remind us to be a better gardner next time. Use better soil, better seeds and most of continue to look out for your garden. Your a great gardner and I look forward to seeing you in full bloom.
Love, Auntie Kim